- Other Add-ons
If you never use reports in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, you don’t need ReportPath. Everybody else does.
So, what does ReportPath do? While the product has a number of significant capabilities, the most obvious immediate change for users is a “My Reports” part on every role center. Users can finally save variations of report settings (filters and options) under different names. Stop running the Account Schedule report 10 different ways each week and entering different settings each time. No longer worry about updating date filters on reports…save the setup and let ReportPath handle it. Quick double-click shortcuts to run all your reports directly from your role center…it doesn’t get much quicker or easier.
Is that it?
Not even close! ReportPath adds a slew of other capabilities, all around getting data out of NAV more easily. Some of the key features are listed below, with links to more details where applicable.
- Finally…save variations of report filters and options using names. Stop re-entering filters each day to generate commonly used reports. Simplify your NAV reporting life. [More details…]
- Each user can define groups to organize their reports for easy access. No more cluttered shortcuts on an action ribbon. Report Groups also provide a mechanism to distribute sets of reports to recipients, whether they are internal users or external people. [More details…]
- Don’t just save filters as they were entered…make them dynamic. Save a version of your Account Schedule report for “Revenue Last Week” that will automatically reflect the appropriate period when you open NAV each day. Save a variation of the Outstanding Sales Order Status report for “Orders Requested for Delivery This Week”. [More details…]
- Use the power of NAV Query objects as a reporting tool. Queries are a great way for consultants and super users to extract data from NAV, but typically a developer’s help is needed to see the output. ReportPath changes that. [More details…]
- Easily distribute reports to users, or generate output to network folders. Send via e-mail or directly to other users’ Report Inboxes on their Role Centers. We’re not just talking one report at a time either – easily send entire groups of reports in one easy step. Have a financial package that comprises six key reports that the President wants ASAP? Select the report group and Distribute it. Done. [More details…]
- The icing on the cake…schedule any of it. Does the management team need that same set of financial reports ahead of every Monday morning review meeting? Set it for distribution every Monday at 4am and you’re done. No more excuses about not having time to run the reports beforehand. [More details…]
Worried about sticker shock?
Don’t be. Our goal with ReportPath was to price it reasonably for an exceptional value proposition. We believe it should be in every NAV database, and want to make that possible. Feel free to contact us with pricing inquiries. We sell exclusively through NAV partners/resellers, so by all means run this by your partner. If they’re not already a DynamicsPath reseller, we’ll be happy to get them on board.