- Other Add-ons
We’re going to find you…
Through years of experience handling the sending of NAV documents, we’ve encountered an extensive range of requirements around recipients and routings. When we built DocumentPath, we wanted to handle them all “out of the box”. DocumentPath provides a flexible Document Sending setup for customers and vendors that enables each document to be routed to the appropriate recipient. Some fields are hidden in the screenshot below to simplify it visually, so the options go far beyond those shown here.
The Document Sending setup provides the following capabilities:
- For each customer and vendor, configure the sending method and recipient(s) for each document. These are independent of each other, so each document can go to a different recipient or recipients.
- Set up the sending line to distribute the document via Email, Fax or Hardcopy.
- Set up more than one line for a given document if needed. In the example above, the posted SHIPMENT document will email the shipment document upon posting (to serve as a shipment notification), and will also print a hardcopy to the warehouse to include in the package.
- Set up recipients by ship-to / buy-from address.
- Link email addresses to the master Customer or Vendor record to minimize redundant data and eliminate the risk of missed data updates.
- Link the sending line to a Contact record to use the contact e-mail address or fax number when sending.
- Set up lines to use the “Document Contact” as the recipient. This will use the Contact No. on each document to determine the destination address or number.
- Add CC and BCC addresses.
- Specify a Message Template Code on each line to dictate the message content, including merge fields. [More details…]
- Configure different setups for batch vs. single document sending, so that alternate message templates can be constructed.
- Set up lines by Language Code to handle templates in multiple languages based on the recipient language.